Here is a rough schedule for the first few days of the Mereth Aderthad. Some of it is to-be-determined (TBD) so that we can see what all we are interested in doing (please visit the Scheduling forum to join the discussion or see what has been talked about so far!); also, we have been receiving daily rain showers, so I'm reluctant to commit to anything outside until we get a sense of what the weather will be like.
If you need directions or any help at all, please hit the Contact link above, or send Dawn an email or text.
Friday, July 14: Arrival Day!
- 6 PM: Anyone who has arrived and is interested in meeting for dinner is welcome to join us at Dusit Thai on Main Street in Newport.
- After dinner, anyone who would like to join us for a bonfire at our house is welcome! BYOB and bring your swimsuit if you want to get in the hillbilly hot tub! If you're not joining us for dinner but would like to know when we're leaving for the bonfire, just drop me an email or text, and I'll send you a text when we leave. (Directions to our house.)
Saturday, July 15: Meet-and-Greet at Dawn's House
- 11 AM: Join us for the official kickoff of the Mereth Aderthad at our house. Bobby and I will provide sandwiches and salad for lunch. If you want to share something--a story, a song, research you're doing, a discussion topic, artwork--feel free to bring it; everyone who wants to will have a chance to share. (Directions to our house.)
- In the evening, Bobby will be attending the Jeezum Crow Festival at Jay Peak. Anyone who wants to listen to some music is welcome to hitch a ride with him. Dawn hopes to continue the day's fun at the NEK's famous Parker Pie Company for amazing local pizza, beer and cider, and art. We'll commandeer a picnic table and talk, write stories, play games ... whatever we want to do!
Sunday, July 16
- 10 AM: Pancake breakfast at our house. (Locally sourced pancakes--blueberry if they become available in time!--bacon, and breakfast potatoes.)
- The day's activities will be TBD.
- 7 PM: Dinner at our house. (Menu TBD ... it will be locally sourced, so we have to see what is available; I'll share the menu as soon as we've finalized it.)
Monday, July 17
- Day's activities TBD.
- 7 PM: Barbecue at our house (locally sourced burgers and hotdogs, sun-oven baked beans, pasta salad, and deviled eggs).
Tuesday, July 18
- Day's activities TBD.
- PM: Tolkien Trivia at the Newport Ciderhouse on Main Street in Newport. Hosted by Dawn!
Based on RSVPs, people will be beginning to leave at the start of the week. For those staying for the whole event, we'll continue to make plans based on our interests throughout the week.